Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #171
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bouts, you rock man! I love your drumming, you are awesome. When I grow up, I wanna play like that too [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #172
    Inactive Member bouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Rudy.

  3. #173
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nothing to be desired, Bouts.
    Everything is right for the
    tune, as far as I am concerned.

    Sounds great. I like the break-
    up at the end.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #174
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I like the tune, & nice playing, man.
    Is this a studio project you're involved in, or is it a band that u r in?

  5. #175
    Inactive Member Manos's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, Pete, when you record your stuff over music, how do you mix it together? I've recorded some stuff, and I have Cubase ST (which I recorded it into), but when I import the WAV file I played to in my headphones, the WAV is sped up for some reason. What software do you use to mix? Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

  6. #176
    Inactive Member tombo74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    584
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Good stuff from everybody here recently [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  7. #177
    Inactive Member ab0u910e's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hello people,

    Would love to know what you think of our band's music - www.captaincardboard.com You can download some tracks if you like!

    I'm nowhere near in the same league as some of the guys I see on the forum. The tunes were played all live, with no click. It's not like I'm trying to cover up the wavering time! (ahem)

    Anyway, love to know what you think!

    Cheers

    Jonathan X

  8. #178
    Inactive Member PocketPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2002
    Posts
    1,462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Galaps,
    Nice stuff! I dug the pulse of, "Leave Me Alone"
    What type of snare, heads, tuning, mic placements?
    I LOVE a boxy pop, and it fit your style of music well. The tempo was perfect for me.

    Oh...before I forget, he's much too modest, but Derek DeFields has some kickin' tunes as well.
    Check it out!

    Derek's Tunes Here

  9. #179
    HB Forum Owner Steve Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah Derek's a friggin monster. Hands from hell and I've ripped off a very cool lick from him recently. Took a lot of practice to get going too! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #180
    Inactive Member ab0u910e's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2003
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi there!

    Cheers for the kind words Pocket! And thanks for visiting the site, we're always keen to attract new interest!

    What you heard was actually a song recorded during our first visit to a studio. Consequently, I didn't have too much knowledge of mic placement, tuning etc (I wish I could record the tracks again with all the knowledge I have acquired since then!)

    I was using a Pearl Masters kit with a fabulous snare drum that I worship every full moon - the Yamaha John Robinson "Nail" signature model. The toms were taped up with gaffa tape to the extreme - I was using clear emperors. I didn't use the toms that much though. I have since changed to coated ambassadors which I think give a nicer, rounder tone. Due to the crappy mics and state of the desk, you couldn't really hear how good this drum sounds. Still, we still managed to get a neat sound for the track!
    I was worried that I might have rushed overexcessivley but I think it sounds okay when once the guitar starts to warm up!

    We actually sent of the master tapes to a friend of ours who was able to salvage something from the mix - so on the final EPS, you can at last make out the bass drum and hi-hat, woo-hoo!

    Oh yeah, I'll be sure to check out Derek's playing!

    Thanks again

    Jonathan

    X

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •